University of Delaware
- Rated 4th in the nation for Graduate PT Programs by US News (2009).
- The UD Physical Therapy Curriculum is offered as a 2.5 year program.
- It was ranked 14th among 100 best values in public colleges in Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine.
US Army-Baylor University
- Baylor University is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- The Army-Baylor Doctoral Program in Physical Therapy is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
University of Iowa
- The University of Iowa Physical Therapy Graduate Program is ranked 3rd among public institutions (USNWR 2009).
- Satisfactory completion of the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) curriculum qualifies the candidates to take a state-administered national licensing examination.
University of Miami
- The Department of Physical Therapy offers a three year, entry level clinical doctoral degree the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) and an academic doctoral degree, ( PhD) in Physical Therapy.
- The Department of Physical Therapy is accredited by both the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) and the Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (SACS) Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities.
- It has been consistently ranked as one of the top 10 physical therapy programs in the United States.
University of Florida
- The Department of Physical Therapy has been ranked fourth in the nation for AAU Public Universities by U.S. News and World Report.
- The DPT is the degree endorsed by the American Physical Therapy Association.
Ranking of Best Physical Therapy Schools (Top 40 list):
1. University of Southern California
2. University of Pittsburgh
2. Washington University in St. Louis
4. University of Delaware
5. US Army-Baylor University
5. University of Iowa
7. Arcadia University
7. MGH Institute of Health Professions
7. Northwestern University
7. University of Miami
11. Emory University
11. University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill
13. Duke University
13. University of California–San Francisco/San Francisco State University
15. New York University
15. University of Florida
15. University of Illinois–Chicago
15. University of Maryland–Baltimore
19. Creighton University
19. Marquette University
19. Ohio State University
19. University of Minnesota–Twin Cities
19. University of Utah
24. Boston University
24. Texas Woman’s University
24. Univ of Kansas Medical Center
24. Univ of Texas Medical Branch–Galveston
24. Virginia Commonwealth Univ
29. Northern Arizona Univ
29. Regis Univ
29. Univ of Alabama–Birmingham
29. Univ of Washington
33. Columbia Univ
33. Mayo School of Health Related Sciences
33. Univ of Colorado–Denver
33. Univ of Nebraska Medical Center
33. Univ of Wisconsin–Madison
38. Univ of Kentucky
38. Univ of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
38. Univ of Wisconsin–La Crosse
Source: U.S. News & World Report (2009)
Top universities offering online Physical Therapy programs:
- The Physical Therapy program is rated 7th in the nation among more than 200 graduate PT programs (USNWR 2009).
- Arcadia offers both the entry-level and transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy degrees. The transitional program is offered fully online.
- The D.P.T. program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education.
- The 2008 Open Doors report ranks Arcadia University 1st in the nation in the percentage of undergraduate students studying abroad.
The College of St. Scholastica
- It offers the transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree. The CSS tDPT program is a distance learning education program designed for the working clinician.
- Ranked in the Top Tier of regional universities in the Midwest (US News "America's Best Colleges" 2008).
- It offers an Online Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy degree. This program is available to all qualified physical therapy graduates of accredited programs who are licensed physical therapists in the US.
- Online students will learn the same material and receive the same degree as on-campus students.
- Boston University, including Boston University College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences: Sargent College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.
University of South Dakota
- USD offers state’s first online physical therapy doctoral degree.
- It is fully accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education and the North Central Agency for University Accreditation.
- The Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) is an online program. It is for applicants who hold a baccalaureate or master's degree in Physical Therapy.
- DPT Specializations include: Nutrition ,Leadership, Orthopaedics, Education, Geriatrics, Pediatrics, Women’s Health, Urban Health, Independent Track.
- This program is designed for the working professional, using online course offerings to provide flexibility and convenience.